The road ahead will be exciting and filled with many challenges. I was reflecting the other day on some comments I have received since coming on board NavPress:
I believe that with FOCUS anything is possible!
- "There is no hope for publishing!"
- "If you change your publishing strategy, you will destroy the business."
- "I didn't even know that NavPress was still around."
- "Do you really think that focusing on discipleship as your brand and product focus will be financially successful?"
I have to tell you that I sometimes grin when I hear these things from people who aren't leading publishing organizations. When I used to play basketball, our coach would remind us, "You have to be careful not to be distracted by the people watching the game instead of the players."
Here are some lessons I am learning about focus:
Here is a goal for us all: Focus in all things--personal, spiritual life, and business!
- Focus sets priorities.
- Focus is powerful.
- Focus simplifies life and business.
- Focus draws out passion and commitment.
- Focus leads to success.