Every resource at NavPress is 50% off this week through Friday. Take advantage of it by getting those books and studies that you've been thinking about reading or getting for your small groups. If you'd like to take advantage of the discounted resources use this code when ordering, C24S16CL3. You can order through www.navpress.com or by calling 1-800-366-7788.
I would suggest you get a copy of this book for every small group leader in your church. Here's why...
We small group types seem to have laser like focus. We are into “how-to” books. We need to know how to build a stronger infrastructure, how to deal with difficult people, how to train small group leaders, etc… Because of this we often miss reading some books that will give us the understanding and wisdom that we need to pass on to our small group leaders. In fact, in most instances, if we were to read the books I’m going to be suggesting this week, we’d get one for every small group leader as these books will give a small group leader the theological foundation and/or the essentials so that they will be a transformational small group leader.
2) It’s built around solid biblical principles, not just group dynamics and someone’s new idea of how groups work.
3) It is written using a vocabulary that is understandable to almost everyone. This book is easily understandable to we everyday everybody’s not just those with bible and seminary degrees.
4) It has discussion questions at the end of each chapter in case a small group pastor wants to go through it with her or his small group leaders one week at a time.
5) It covers almost all of the bases when we think of what encompasses biblical community.
The chapter titles are…
1. Sharing a Common Life
2. Union with God
3. Communion with God
4. Fellowship and Community
5. Spiritual Fellowship
6. Partnership in the Gospel
7. Spiritual Gifts Within the Community
8. Sharing Your Possessions
9. Supporting Your Local Ministry
10. The Fellowship of Suffering
11. The Fellowship of Serving
12. Social Fellowship