There are two ways to make decisions, you can be a deliberate decision maker or a random decision maker.
The Deliberate Decision Maker…
1. considers the timing of the decision they’re about to make. Oftentimes a leader is doing the right thing but that thing must be done at the right time.
2. confers with church leaders at other churches who have already done what the leader is considering doing. They want to see if it worked, learn how to deal with issues that arise because of the decision that has been made, and learn the best way to implement the initiative being considered.
3. connects with their team to discuss pros and cons of the possible new initiative and gain wisdom and buy-in from them.
4. coordinates with the rest of the church staff to see how this new initiative will effect their ministries and the church schedule as it relates to their ministries.
5. considers the political overtones of the decision being made.
The Random Decision Maker…