When your small group is no longer small you have some options…
1. Live with the fact that a group this size makes it possible for some group members to remain silent/anonymous leaving their story untold and their hearts ever in bondage.
2. Enjoy the inner circle, those who always show up, always engage, and are your closest friends and rationalize that these group members “get it.”
3. Tell yourself that, when a leader is a good leader lots of people want to be in their group so a group of twenty plus simply proves that your leadership is impressive.
4. Choose someone to be an apprentice, prepare them to lead, and multiply the group so that people who are not yet in a group have the opportunity to journey toward spiritual maturity.
5. Consider multiple people in the group who have leadership potential, ask them to lead a new group, and start as many as four groups out of the one.
I wonder… which of these options do you think is most missional, God-honoring, and Kingdom focused? Just sayin’…